06 December 2022
As the end of the year approaches and with almost nine in ten (88%) celebrating Christmas, consumers across the UK are looking forward to celebrating and hosting festive parties. This year, Funding Circle spotlights seven small businesses that can support with all the festive planning needs.
As the end of the year approaches and with almost nine in ten (88%) celebrating Christmas, Brits across the UK are looking forward to celebrating and hosting festive parties. From office parties, to organised work events, and parties with family and friends, new research by Funding Circle reveals that between now and the New Year, almost 3 in 5 (58%) will be attending Christmas and New Year parties.
During the festive season, three in five (59%) Brits are most looking forward to eating delicious food and a third (33%) are looking forward to spending time with friends, family and colleagues. With two in five (40%) attending 1 to 2 festive parties and a sixth (17%) of Londoners attending 3 to 5, there will be an increased spending on gifts, food and drink.
When it comes to festive spending and given the current economic environment in the UK, the majority of Brits (55%) who celebrate Christmas will be supporting small businesses as they need the most help. Moreover, over three in ten (31%) will be cutting down on the number of Christmas gifts they buy and will instead be buying some or all of these from small businesses.
Celebrating the joyous season in style is key, and when looking at what makes a great party for Brits, spending time with friends and family (80%), food and beverage (68%) and good music (39%) are the top three most important.
To continue supporting small businesses, Funding Circle highlights seven small businesses to help Brits with their festive planning.
- Posh Nosh, the specialists in private and corporate catering. Based in the East Midlands, the talented and professional team can cater to any size party, from 5 - 1,000 people.
- Gusto Catering, based in the East of England are the ultimate personalised event planners, supporting customers with successful and stress free events.
- Sissi Fabulous Food, the family run catering company experienced in private parties and serving delicious food. The founder, Sissi once cooked for HRH the Prince of Wales, now King.
- The Wonderworks Creative bring together imaginative ideas with exceptional design. Based in Huddersfield, the creative team bring ideas to life in a unique way and deliver a seamless service.
- Total Hospitality prides itself on attention to detail and standards of service. The Reading based small business promises to organise and deliver your special occasion, just as you imagine.
- Sandwich Direct, the Bristol based catering company with 50 years of combined experience. The range of food includes sandwich platters, baguettes, salads, wraps and much more.
- Aroma Baristas provide coffee and smoothie bars for all your event needs. With 25 years’ experience in hospitality, this small business is sure to make your party perfect.
Alexander Allen, UK Managing Director at Funding Circle said, “This time of the year is undoubtedly magical. With festivities taking place across the UK, it is important to remember to support small businesses, especially as we recognise that the economic environment is tough right now.
At Funding Circle, we have supported 130,000 small businesses globally with £14.5bn of lending. We also champion the small businesses we lend to by working with them when we host events or stocking their products in our office, for example Bird and Blend Tea and most recently, Copperhouse Chocolate.
To continue shining a light on small businesses this festive season, we are encouraging Circlers* and consumers across the UK to buy everything they need to prepare for the festive season from small businesses this year.”
*Circlers is the term referred to the Funding Circle employees